In Deadhouse Gates
Shortly before the Whirlwind uprising, Baria and Mesker brought their Dosin Pali Red Blades to Hissar in anticipation of the coming fight. Immediately upon docking they prepared to attack the Hissari market until Fist Coltaine's Wickans intervened. Cadre mage Kulp convinced Baria to abandon his plan, before bloodshed erupted with the Wickans.
Baria and his brother Mesker died along with his company of Red Blades during the Battle of Sekala Crossing. The Red Blades had fought ferociously against the Semk while Coltaine's army crossed the River Sekala. For this they were much admired, earning a comment from Coltaine himself.
In The Bonehunters
Notes and references
- Deadhouse Gates, Dramatis Personae, UK MMPB p.18
- Deadhouse Gates, Chapter 3, US HC p.87
- Deadhouse Gates, Chapter 10, US HC p.257
- Deadhouse Gates, Chapter 3, US HC p.88
- Deadhouse Gates, Chapter 3
- Deadhouse Gates, Chapter 10, US HC p.269/271
- The Bonehunters, Book Four, Epigraph
- The Bonehunters, Chapter 20