Fully wild bhederin could also be found in the Jhag Odhan in Seven Cities where they were hunted by the Anibar tribe and others. One technique to hunt them in the Jhag Odhan involved running hundreds off a cliff to their deaths. Afterwards, four or five dozen hunters would butcher the carcasses and smoke the meat on racks.
While traveling through the Jhag Odhan, Karsa Orlong and Samar Dev witnessed the local tribes hunting and butchering bhederin. Karsa tired of eating rabbits and the occasional deer and he decided to hunt a bhederin of his own. When he spotted a small herd, he charged atop Havok, his Jhag horse, hoping to draw out the herd's bull. To Samar Dev's surprise two bulls answered the Teblor's attack. Karsa was able to kill both bulls. As he proceeded to butcher them he drew interest from the Anibar.
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ Steven Erikson Facebook post 21 May 2020
- ↑ Gardens of the Moon, Chapter 16, Tor MMPB p.468
- ↑ Dust of Dreams, Chapter 12
- ↑ Memories of Ice, Chapter 1
- ↑ The Bonehunters, Chapter 9, US SFBC p.405-407
- ↑ Memories of Ice, Chapter 23
- ↑ The Bonehunters, Chapter 9, US SFBC p.405-410