Capemoths were grey insects the size of small birds in the Malazan world, which fed on carrion and mostly occurred in swarms in fairly arid regions. They were prolific in Seven Cities and were mentioned in the vicinity of the Pan'potsun Odhan, Ehrlitan, around Hissar, and near the Sekala River to name a few. They also were found in the Awl'dan and the Wastelands of the Lether continent.
There may have been several different types. The desert capemoths around Hissar were carrion-eaters and themselves were a food source for bat-like rhizan lizards. Their large wings would slowly fan whilst they were eating. Capemoth larvae excreted a poison which would make water undrinkable. They ate the scabs of sleepers, making only soft crunching noises.
They could sense movement through stirrings in the air and see heat from long ways away. They used these senses to avoid their rhizan predators.
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 The Bonehunters, Chapter 13, US SFBC p.532
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 House of Chains, Chapter 16, US SFBC p.567
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Deadhouse Gates, Chapter 1, UK MMPB p. 44
- ↑ Deadhouse Gates, Chapter 3, UK MMPB p.136
- ↑ Deadhouse Gates, Chapter 10, UK MMPB p.386
- ↑ Dust of Dreams, Chapter 4, UK HB p.139
- ↑ Dust of Dreams, Prologue, UK HB p.13
- ↑ Deadhouse Gates, Chapter 6, UK MMPB p.245
- ↑ Deadhouse Gates, Chapter 7, UK MMPB p.284
- ↑ 10.0 10.1 The Bonehunters, Chapter 13, US SFBC p.543
- ↑ Deadhouse Gates, Chapter 7, UK MMPB p.286