As Fist, D'Ebbin was the commander of the 4th Army under High Fist Anand. During the Malazan civil war he accompanied the Army and Empress Laseen to Li Heng to confront the rebellious Talian League. On the first day of the Battle of the Plains, D'Ebbin was in charge of the battalion on the Army's right flank. His group broke under League pressure and fell to the rear.
The next day D'Ebbin and his men joined the fight with the Crimson Guard. D'Ebbin was in the thick of the action with his bodyguards. By the evening his armour was hacked, and his cheeks and lips swollen from a blow. He returned to command headquarters to report to Lieutenant-commander Ullen Khadeve that the Guard seemed to be fighting amongst themselves. But a column of two thousand soldiers and 40 Avowed led by Skinner was making a move toward the Imperial center.
In Stonewielder Edit
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ Return of the Crimson Guard, Book 3 Chapter 2, US HC p.609
- ↑ Return of the Crimson Guard, Book 2 Chapter 5, US HC p.423
- ↑ Return of the Crimson Guard, Book 2 Chapter 6, US HC p.506
- ↑ Return of the Crimson Guard, Book 2 Chapter 6, US HC p.529
- ↑ Return of the Crimson Guard, Book 3 Chapter 2, US HC p.609-610
- ↑ Stonewielder, Chapter 3