The Destriant [deh-stry-ant] (or Destrai Anant, Destra Irant, God Chosen, or the Well of the Spirit) was the mortal representative for a particular faith. Along with the Shield Anvil and the Mortal Sword, they formed the triumvirate which represented a particular faith.
In Memories of Ice
- Feather Witch, Destriant to the Errant
- Ipshank, Destriant of Fener (lost title)
- Kalyth, Destriant of the K'Chain Che'Malle
- Karnadas, Destriant of the Grey Swords of Fener's Reve
- Run'Thurvian, Destriant of the Perish Grey Helms
- Setoc, Destriant of the Perish Grey Helms, after Run'Thuravian's death
- Velbara, Destriant of the Grey Swords of the Wolf's Reve
- Author Steven Erikson says the word "Destriant" is completely made up and, at least consciously, was not meant to invoke any real-word term or root word.