Elder Gods were any of the Gods that had existed before the creation of the Warrens. Though some of them were still active and worshipped as Gods, many had been forgotten. Some of them reigned over elder Warrens, or Holds, whose power could be accessed through the Tiles of the Holds.
Elder Gods who lost their worshippers and were forgotten remained Ascendants, but were emasculated in power. Their power could only return with the renewal of worship by the spilling of blood on hallowed or once-hallowed ground. If an Elder God was annihilated, nothing could bring them back.
- Grizzin Farl
- Mother Dark
- Olar Ethil
- Sechul Lath
- Sister of Cold Nights
- Ursto Hoobutt
The Eleint, Ampelas, confirmed Cotillion's belief that the Elder Gods were not simply of one world. When Cotillion asked how long they had been around, Ampelas stated: Even when the Darkness ruled alone, there were elemental forces. Moving unseen until the coming of the Light. Bound only to their own laws. It is the nature of Darkness that it but rules itself.
Notes and references
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 The Bonehunters, Chapter 10, US SFBC p.439
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Memories of Ice, Dramatis Personae, UK MMPB
- ↑ Dust of Dreams, Chapter 1
- ↑ The Bonehunters, Chapter 6
- ↑ Gardens of the Moon, Dramatis Personae, UK MMPB p.xvi
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 Midnight Tides, Glossary
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 Midnight Tides, Prologue, US SFBC p.24
- ↑ The Bonehunters, Chapter 2, US SFBC p.79