Genabaris was a large coastal city in northernwestern Genabackis. The port city was held by the Malazan Empire and was a main debarking point for imperial armies during the Genabackis campaign. According to Paran, it was a thousand leagues from Pale, although this may have been a figure of speech.
Although a major port, the piers of Genabaris were not used to the huge heavy Malazan transports and creaked under the pull on the bollards. Supplies destined for the front lines would arrive from Seven Cities and be dealt with by supply clerks. Crates and cloth-wrapped bundles bore sigils which identified them.
Anomander Rake thought the Malazan conquest of the city had been to its betterment. He described the city as once being a "fetid sore" to which the Malazans had brought peace, reparation, law, and order. Only Nathilog had been worse. Now both cities could claim rivalry to Darujhistan.
Millenia old barrows, surrounded by large standing stones, were found outside of Genabaris.
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Gardens of the Moon, Chapter 3, UK MMPB p.97
- ↑ Gardens of the Moon, Glossary, UK MMPB p.710
- ↑ Gardens of the Moon, Chapter 3, UK MMPB p.99
- ↑ Memories of Ice, Chapter 18, US SFBC p.624
- ↑ Gardens of the Moon, Chapter 9, UK MMPB p.270
- ↑ Gardens of the Moon, Chapter 2, UK MMPB p.71
- ↑ Toll the Hounds, Chapter 15, Epigraph
- ↑ Gardens of the Moon, Chapter 3, UK MMPB p.97-100