This article is about the current Gods. You may be looking for Elder Gods.
The Gods of the Malazan Empire were mostly Ascendants who had gained control of a Warren, accessed its power through a Throne, and were worshiped by mortals. While the gods were described as "immortal", immortality did not in fact last forever. According to the Elder God K'rul, "Every god falls at a mortal's hands. Such is the only end to immortality." Gods whose names were no longer remembered vanished and died.
Apart from the pantheon worshipped by members of the Empire, there were others. The Barghast for example, had their own pantheon who were ascended spirits which had emerged from the Hold of the Beast and who were said to be primordial in their aspect.
Gods (new) mentioned in the booksEdit
- Apsalar, the Lady of Thieves
- Beru, the Lord of Storms
- Cotillion, the Rope
- The Crippled God, the Chained One
- Dessembrae, the Lord of Tragedy
- D'rek, the Worm of Autumn
- Fener, the Boar of War
- Gedderone, the Lady of Spring and Rebirth
- Hood, the Lord of Death
- Jhess, the Queen of Weaving
- Mowri, the Lady of Beggars, Slaves and Serfs
- Nerruse, the Lady of Calm Seas and Fair Wind
- Oponn, the twins of chance
- Poliel, the Queen of Disease
- The Redeemer, a new God in Coral
- Shadowthrone, also known as Ammanas
- Soliel, the Lady of Health.
- Trake, the Tiger of Summer and Battle
- T'riss, the Queen of Dreams, or the Enchantress (note that she could debately be named an elder goddess due to being an azathanai.)