Hattar accompanied Tayschrenn and three other bodyguards to Malaz City during the Shadow Moon of 1154 BS. He helped protect the High Mage from Shadow cultists, members of the Claw, and guardians of the Deadhouse and by night's end he was the sole survivor of Tayschrenn's four bodyguards.
In 1164 BS, Hattar and Kiska accompanied Tayschrenn as bodyguards to a secret meeting in Seven Cities outside the camp of Adjunct Tavore Paran's 14th Army. Also present were Dujek Onearm, Quick Ben, Kalam Mekhar, and Fiddler. Kalam and Quick Ben recognised the aged Seti as Tayschrenn's perpetually miserable and taciturn bodyguard from the days of Emperor Kellanved. Pearl also recognised Hattar from the ridgeline where he and Lostara Yil were spying for Empress Laseen.
Hattar continued to serve as Tayschrenn's bodyguard, still working with Kiska.
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ Night of Knives, Chapter 3, US TPB p.138
- ↑ Night of Knives, Chapter 1, US TPB p.34
- ↑ Night of Knives, Chapter 3, US TPB p.136/143
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 4.3 The Bonehunters, Chapter 2, US SFBC p.103-104
- ↑ Night of Knives, Chapter 5, US TPB p.204/205
- ↑ Night of Knives, Chapter 3, US TPB p.137
- ↑ Return of the Crimson Guard, Book 2 Chapter 2, UK PB p.315