Members of the familyEdit
- Father (unnamed) - in 1154 BS, he was a wine merchant with vineyards on Malaz Island. He was negotiating the Island export tithe with harbour officials at the time of his sons meeting with Whiskeyjack. He condemned his son for choosing to become a soldier. By 1161 BS, his health was failing and he was slowly withdrawing from the daily chores, passing on responsibility to his daughter Tavore.
- Felisin Paran, the mother, was well known as being gifted with visions.
- Ganoes Stabro Paran, eldest son
- Tavore Paran, middle daughter - one year younger than brother Ganoes
- Felisin Paran, youngest daughter
The family estate in UntaEdit
The walls of the estate were made out of grey-black glittering basalt from the Imperial quarries outside Unta.
One entrance to the estate was a single, narrow high door along one side wall which faced an alley which would have passed for a street in another part of the city. The door was barred from the inside, visitors would ring the thin bell-chain to alert the house guard/s to their presence. Once through the inwards opening door, there was a path leading between two outbuildings of the estate to a courtyard. The old well in the courtyard, made of carved stones by people pre-dating even the Kanese looked ready to crumble into a heap. Under the estate house itself were similarly unmortared stones in the deepest reaches, rooms and tunnels too bent, twisted and uneven to use.
The family had a country estate at Emalau where they raised foals. House Paran horses were a fine breed. They were fast, clever, and of almost legendary endurance. They were impatient of incompetence, and ever testing of a rider's claim to being in charge.
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ Gardens of the Moon, Chapter 1, UK MMPB p.45/46
- ↑ Gardens of the Moon, Prologue, UK MMPB p.3
- ↑ Gardens of the Moon, Chapter 1, UK MMPB p.46
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Gardens of the Moon, Chapter 1, UK MMPB p.49
- ↑ House of Chains, Chapter 26, UK MMPB p.971
- ↑ Gardens of the Moon, Chapter 1, UK MMPB p.46-47
- ↑ Gardens of the Moon, Chapter 1, UK MMPB p.41
- ↑ Gardens of the Moon, Chapter 1, UK MMPB p.47/48
- ↑ Gardens of the Moon, Chapter 1, UK MMPB p.47-49
- ↑ Gardens of the Moon, Chapter 1
- ↑ House of Chains, Chapter 25, US SFBC p.799
- ↑ 12.0 12.1 Deadhouse Gates, Prologue, UK MMPB p.28
- ↑ 13.0 13.1 The Bonehunters, Chapter 8, US SFBC p.380
- ↑ Gardens of the Moon, Chapter 1, UK MMPB p.47
- ↑ Gardens of the Moon, Chapter 1, UK MMPB p.48
- ↑ Memories of Ice, Chapter 2