Hust swords were made in the forges of Hust Hold in the realm of Kurald Galain. According to Yedan Derryg, they were capable of shearing all other blades in two. These swords were quenched in the blood of dragons; being forged to be able to slay Eleint if necessary.
These swords were reportedly 'immortal', i.e., immune to damage, decay, or deterioration. If Hust swords did become damaged, they could heal themselves, given time.
Hust swords could sense anyone of Eleint blood (including the Soletaken) who might be nearby. This 'recognition' did not apply to their owners, who could be of Eleint blood and still use these weapons.
Hust blades protected their wielders from exhaustion, magic and mundane attacks. The swords also enhanced their owners' sword-fighting capabilities by 'fusing' with their wielders. This 'fusing', however, could result in extreme injury to the person fighting, as some extreme actions could be well beyond the physical limits of the wielder.
Hust weapons were known to be possessed, laughing and shrieking with glee as they slaughtered whoever dared to face them in battle.
- Galar Baras - who was a Tiste Andii soldier in the Hust Legion
- Silchas Ruin - who was given a Hust sword, watermarked and etched with dragons, by Shadowthrone...a sword which held the 'chained' essence of three Eleint inside it
- Yedan Derryg - who found, and then wielded, a (so-called) 'five-blade' Hust sword, which had belonged to Silchas Ruin in the time of ancient Kharkanas, but who had abandoned it at the Lightfall after it became broken
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 Dust of Dreams, Chapter 21
- ↑ Forge of Darkness, Chapter 3
- ↑ The Crippled God, Chapter 8, US HC p.218-219
- ↑ The Crippled God, Chapter 24, US HC p.815-816
- ↑ Dust of Dreams, Chapter 21, US HC p.684
- ↑ Dust of Dreams, Chapter 18, US HC p.587
- ↑ Fall of Light, Chapter 22, US HC p.680