The city-state of Lest was far to the east of the Free City of Darujhistan and four days' march south of Capustan. The walled city was known for its raised gardens. Lest and the nearby city of Setta were producers of fine silks of pale yellow.
The citizens were referred to as Lestari.
In Memories of Ice
In the months leading to the Siege of Capustan, Lest was annexed by the Pannion Domin. Like Setta and Maurik it was depopulated and emptied of life in the process. Only a few charred bones and the wreckage of burned buildings remained. Survivors of the Lestari Palace Guard made their way to Capustan.
Notes and references
- Gardens of the Moon, Glossary, UK MMPB p.710
- Memories of Ice, Chapter 21, US SFBC p.752
- Memories of Ice, Chapter 22, US SFBC p.790
- Gardens of the Moon, Chapter 7, US HC p.169
- Memories of Ice, Glossary, UK MMPB p.1183
- Memories of Ice, Chapter 14, US SFBC p.477
- Memories of Ice, Chapter 3, US SFBC p.100
- Memories of Ice, Glossary
- Memories of Ice, Chapter 18, US SFBC p.626