We are celebrating the 6000th Malazan Wiki content page!
To commemorate this milestone this page has been created as a time capsule of the Malazan Wiki on this day, the 5th of January 2022.
Malazan Wiki statistics of the 5th of January 2022 in random order
- 6000 content pages
- 120.8K page views over the last week
- 101,518 edits since the Wiki was set up
- 321 different contributors to date, 42 of whom have contributed more than 50 times
- 1686 uploaded files - 1275 of these are Fan art images in the main gallery
- 33 Maps of the Malazan world from English editions as well as 10 from Dutch publications
- Unnamed characters is the longest page at 139,858 bytes
- Anomander Rake is the longest character page at 60,371 bytes
- Most linked to categories: Males (1703 members), Fan art (1288 members), Females (676 members), Soldiers (480 members)
- Most linked to book page: The Bonehunters (841 links)
- Most linked to character page: Anomander Rake (363 links)
- Page with the most categories: Ben Adaephon Delat (21 categories)
- Page with the most revisions: Reaper's Gale/Dramatis Personae (745 revisions)
- 179 Chapter summaries are completed and are 96 mostly finished
- 124 is the current number of Wanted Pages
- Since 7th of October 2014, we have had 41669 visitors who were re-directed here from the Malazan Empire Forum Wiki link
- The most visited pages in the last month are the home page, Suggested reading order and Malazan Book of the Fallen
- This Wiki is today linked to Malazan Wikis in the German (1455 pages), Spanish (588 pages), Polish (299 pages), and Italian (140 pages) languages.
- It's been nearly four years since the Malazan wiki reached 5000 articles and a hell of a lot of work has been completed by our contributors since then. Even so, some days it seems as if the end (if there can ever be such a thing for a wiki) seems further away than ever. Steven Erikson and Ian C. Esslemont keep writing new books! My thanks to those who have added to this Encyclopedia Malazica over the years, whether it was an entire article, a book section, a spelling correction, or a missing citation. And my warmest thanks to those who appreciate the wiki for what it is--a fan written and supported resource for fellow fans of the Malazan books that anyone can contribute to.--ArchieVist (talk) 19:30, January 5, 2022 (UTC)
- I also would like to take this opportunity to thank everyone who has contributed to the wiki over the years and has helped to add information and improve it. Especially ArchieVist who has made more than 30000 edits and is doing an amazing job as the main administrator of the wiki. 6000 is a huge number, but with the recent release of the God is Not Willing and further books announced, the wiki won't stop to grow. I also want to thank all the artist who help us to illustrate the wiki with all their fantastic art and everyone who joined in to make the Advent Calendars of the Wiki and last years Advent Event possible.-- Coltaine (talk) 21:56, 5 January 2022 (UTC)
- There was a time when I was worried that the Wiki would stagnate as I could no longer give it the time it needed. Along came ArchieVist and Coltaine and the rest as they say is history. The 6k badge belongs to them. Witness. Egwene of the Malazan Empire (talk) 22:14, 10 January 2022 (UTC)
We would love you to sign this section, our guest-book :)
- Thanks so much for all the hard work put into editing and maintaining the Wiki. It's been a great resource for many a discussion on the forums, Facebook, and Reddit - Siergiej.
- Congratulations on building an awesome repository of knowledge! Here's to the next 6000 pages (or, 60000 if SE and ICE keep writing)! — Whisperzzzzzzz (2022.01.12)
- I have spent hundreds of hours listening to the series on audible and its great to know so many people share this passion and are dedicating time to help others enjoyment through this website.
- Wow, 6000! I remember 3000, you've come a long way! Thanks for all the hard work! DaddinG (talk) 09:02, 8 January 2022 (UTC)
- Keep up the great work! The wiki has been invaluable, and I really appreciate how good it is at avoiding spoilers. Thanks to all of you who worked so hard to keep this such a high quality resource. Tiagozak (talk)
- Of all the book and game wikis I've used in my life, this one is my favorite. Everyone here does a fantastic job. Ryanbars (talk)
- Witnessed, Seth Mattingly
- I would be lost without this wiki. Thank you -Nate
- "It shows promise..." Effusive praise to the contributors. Witnessed 10 January 2022 Simon A Finney
- Nefarias Bredd is here to witness!
- This place is fantastic. I don't think I've ever seen a more detailed wiki, and all the contributors deserve all the praise I can give.
- This wiki is amazing -- I'm on a reread and it's so helpful. Thank you all for your work! Steph
- Thank you for the great work and for adding so so much to the reading experience of the Malazan world. To more of the Wiki of the Fallen! - Nefarias Bredd (11th Jan)
- A massive thanks to all the community for building this resource to its current level! - Organix (11th Jan)
- Your work helped immensely on the journey what MBotF is. Thank you :) - Jakub (11.1.2022)
- Light up your candles for your friends, all of them, for all of them, because friends matter! - Val (20220111112520CEST)
- Tiste Simeon here, telling you all thank you and I love you and children are dying and I'm proud of all the work you've put in. Keep it up my dudes! (11.01.2022 @ 1218 hours GMT)
- I love your wiki for quick reference while working on Malazan mods for games or my D&D world. And I already know it's going to be a great help during my first reread! - Tozapeloda77
- I cant wait til I finish the series and I can explore the wiki without fear of spoilers. Love you guys and all the hard work! First in, last out!
- compassion is all that's asked for
- 6,000th page! I witnessed. - bafinky
- Awesome job everyone! Keep up the great work! ~Tobolo (January 11, 2022)
- Admirable achievement!
- I would have been absolutely lost on my read-through without this Wiki. Thank you to everyone who contributes to this site!
- 6000 pages! Amazing! I think we all need to be thankful to Neffarious Bredd for contributing the first 4000 pages.
- Thank you guys so much!! I use it a lot!
- Thanks for this Warren of information!
- If it isn't my favourite page of the internet! Thanks for doing an amazing job!
- This Wiki is like the unwritten 11th book of the series. Awesome job, marines!
- Thank you so much for all your efforts!