Kulp described Mesker as "brainless as a cat and just as easy to distract." The younger Setral wore chain armour, chain leggings, and a helmet with a slitted visor. He carried a tulwar in a wooden scabbard.
Shortly before the Whirlwind uprising, Baria and Mesker brought their Dosin Pali Red Blades to Hissar in anticipation of the coming fight. Immediately upon docking they prepared to attack the Hissari market until Fist Coltaine's Wickans intervened. Cadre mage Kulp convinced Baria to abandon this plan, despite Mesker's violent disagreement, before bloodshed erupted with the Wickans.
Mesker and his brother Baria died along with their company of Red Blades during the Battle of Sekala Crossing. The Red Blades had fought ferociously against the Semk while Coltaine's army crossed the River Sekala. For this they were much admired, earning a comment from Coltaine himself.
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ Deadhouse Gates, Dramatis Personae, UK MMPB p.18
- ↑ Deadhouse Gates, Chapter 3, US HC p.87
- ↑ Deadhouse Gates, Chapter 3, US HC p.88
- ↑ Deadhouse Gates, Chapter 3, US HC p.86-88
- ↑ Deadhouse Gates, Chapter 10, US HC p.269/271
- ↑ The Bonehunters, Book Four, Epigraph
- ↑ The Bonehunters, Chapter 20