|Old Messages Archive|
|Archived Messages 2015|
|Archived Messages 2016|
|Archived Messages 2017|
|Archived Messages 2018|
|Archived Messages 2019|
re: "Shear" & Dassem's "Early History" Edit
Hi AV: Well, it's clear that I'm having my usual trouble in writing concise enough articles. I did try to keep Shear and Dassem's "Early History" as short as I could, but I agree that they are still way too long. I'll follow your suggestion for the "Early History" section, and then I'll see what I can do with "Shear".
I was thinking that Dassem Ultor being such an important character in the books, that his 'origin story' might deserve including more details. However, I trust your judgment over mine in this area and will start chopping away. Thanks for the helpful oversight. *Sigh* Pcwrcw (talk) 03:54, January 7, 2020 (UTC)
- OK AV: I started with about 2000 bytes (unfinished) and got Dassem's "Early History" down to about 500 bytes (finished). If you would, cast an eye over what I've produced and see if you think any other changes are needed. I'll start tackling Shear tomorrow. Pcwrcw (talk) 06:02, January 7, 2020 (UTC)
- Well, I started Shear out with 9562 bytes and got it down to 4615 bytes. I just have the rest of Chap 15's section dealing [briefly I trust] with "Luel" and then it should be done. Thanks for all your advice and encouragement - not to mention your patience! Cheers, Pcwrcw (talk) 04:51, January 8, 2020 (UTC)
Archiving mistake - help needed Edit
- I was archiving 2019's "User talk:Pcwrcw", and eventually got it done correctly. However, in the process I mistakenly created the page: Pcwrcw/Archive 4. Could you remove it please? I hope doing so will be straightforward. Thanks in advance! Pcwrcw (talk) 03:19, January 10, 2020 (UTC)
Glad you took a look at our edits and picked up on the ‘Lether’ links. Did you see the article SE posted on his FB page about the chap caught reading Malazan Wiki pages whilst working as a massage therapist? I’d like to think it was our Wiki rather than Wikipedia. Wonder if there was a spike in Wiki users and searches that day, lol! Egwene of the Malazan Empire (talk) 09:04, January 31, 2020 (UTC)
- If he is a die-hard fan, he might enjoy the title, lol. How about a mention in trivia section for the main 'MBotF' page? Overall, we are getting more people now who have used the Wiki without too many hic-ups and that is beginning to show in comments. The ones that still spout the same 'don't go there' message often haven't seen the Wiki in years. Egwene of the Malazan Empire (talk) 13:32, February 1, 2020 (UTC)
Pcwrcw 10k edits & BTW "The Jhistal" Edit
Thanks AV: As it happened, I missed the actual 10,000th edit myself. I knew I was approaching it, but when I thought to check, I was well over the "magic number" (lol). I never thought, somehow, that I would ever get so far along. I think my work on all the ExtDPs and my infamous non-concise articles are partly responsible. . .
- I just got through pre-ordering The Jhistal (US TOR HC & US TOR TPB) from Amazon. I checked amazon.co.uk and they are apparently - so far - releasing the UK edition on the same date as the US edition - Nov 17, 2020. If they stick with that, it will certainly make matters less confusing. I noticed on the malazan reddit that someone contacted ICE and asked him about the place of The Jhistal with regard to his other books. ICE evidently said that TJ (??) is meant to come after Kellanved's Reach. I find that encouraging as there are certainly quite a number of major loose ends from DL/DHL/KR flapping in the wind! Cheers, Pcwrcw (talk) 04:46, February 2, 2020 (UTC)
re: "Logros T'lan Imass" Edit
Hi AV: Sorry that I mistakenly deleted the German link in Logros T'lan Imass - I didn't realize that that was what it was. I have been holding off "Patrolling" edits, leaving them to one of you Admins to deal with, but the two edits that I patrolled-checked looked straightforward. I'll go back to my previous practice and leave the patrolling to you "higher-ups".
Removal of infobox spoilers Edit
Hi AV: I think it's great that you've begun the mammoth job of removing the infobox spoilers! I feel that what is left - particularly with the infoboxes with the most deleted material - is a vast improvement in clarity. Having a lot of facts without sufficient context can be more confusing than informative. Not to mention that the edited infoboxes are now non-spoiler friendly : )
Actually I hate that you removed his original name. was looking all over the internet because I forgot. It was previously only to be found here. That's actually what a wiki is for. Wikis are supposed to deliver as much info as possible
18.104.22.168 13:31, March 31, 2020 (UTC)Andy
New Wiki Manager for Malazan WikiEdit
Hello! I'm Cörey, a Wiki Manager for Fandom's TV/Movies vertical. I'm here to help you (and your community!) out however I can, whether that's with templates, CSS, JS, social issues, etc. just let me know! If I'm not able to help, I'll definitely be able to pass you along to someone who can!
I'm not a resource only for admins, however. Your users are more than welcome to come to me for help with any issues they're having. Although, I want to make it perfectly clear that I am not here to replace the local administration team. I'm simply here to act as your main point of contact to Fandom Staff.
You can usually find me on Discord (my username is penguinstyles#9735), however, I'm happy to use whatever contact medium you prefer.
Please let me know if you have any questions. I'm super excited to be working with you!
MIssing content on Deadhouse Gates/Chapter 17 Edit
Good morning! Kirkburn from Fandom Support here.
A visitor recently contacted us to let us know that there's no summary content on Deadhouse Gates/Chapter 17. It looks like this may have been an accidental oversight?
Just checking inEdit
Hey there! I just wanted to pop in and see if there was anything I could help you, or your community, out with? Please don't hesitate to reach out to me with any questions or requests that you may have!
Re: "Carrier" entry in the Mega DP Edit
Hi AV: I see that you gave "Carrier" his own page. What I'm wondering is that, although you left "Carrier" in the "C" section of the BH ExtDP, you kept "Carrier" in the "Unnamed characters" section of the Mega DP after removing the "Unnamed characters#In The Bonehunters" part but did not add "Carrier" to the Mega DP "C" section. Was that intentional? Is there some rule of thumb that covers this that I'm unaware of? Thanks, Pcwrcw (talk) 03:39, April 7, 2020 (UTC)
- Thanks for the explanation re: "Carrier" - I sort of thought that it might be something like that. I recently noticed that Egwene had done the same thing for Elder the Azath builder. Just another area of my vast ocean of ignorance. Would it be helpful to include some note in the "C" section of the Full DP directing readers to the "Unnamed characters" section so they would know where to find the info for "Carrier"? Or not? Just wondering, Pcwrcw (talk) 04:57, April 7, 2020 (UTC)
The Bonehunters Edit
Hi AV: Wow! I think your use of the word, "recuperating" re The Bonehunters is the mot juste. I have been following your increasingly comprehensive work on BH with great interest and think that you have done the most complete treatment of it that could possibly be imagined. What a mind-boggling accomplishment. Fantastic job!
I just wanted to make sure it was fine to make edits - it is the first time I have posted anything wanted to check about making changes. It was a minor change (it looks like you are able to track changes) in Fear Sengar - Under Midnight Tides.
I have gotten really into the books so I am always checking things on here for clarifications so I wouldn't mind make small edits when I come across things - if that is how everything works.